Thursday 19 February 2015

Surviving Half Term...

I have never run a marathon; I have no interest in being puffed out, sweaty, and utterly exhausted. Oh but hold on, for those of us that avoided that form of torture there was a whole other marathon awaiting us: The School Holidays! 
My darling daughter is just coming up to 4, a big deal in her world. She believes that at the age of 4 she will have her own iPad, be able to walk to school on her own AND have her ears pierced! Honey, I have news for you... Anyway that's besides the point: a week with no nursery school to wear out my little angels legs and brain will mean that my little legs and smaller brain will become DOA. Activities, play dates, grandparent play dates, daddy/daughter time. OH and my 1 year old chimpanzee. Yes, she climbs on Everything. Now where did I put the coffee table that screws halfway up my lounge wall?
my checklist for half term survival:

  • Local Zoo
  • Wine 
  • Play dates (carefully selected children...)
  • Wine
  • 'Craft' - throw a load of paper, pens and glue onto kitchen table: leave to create!
  • Lots of wine & chocolate
Good luck mumas- see you on the other side: clutching that edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment